Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"God is at home. It is we who have gone for a walk." - Meister Eckhart

Polaris
You know you're not in Australia anymore when you look up to the night sky and see the north star. Polaris can't be seen in the southern hemisphere--a fact that Dave reminded me of as we sat in our L.A. friends' backyard jacuzzi.

We're in L.A. after the sci-fi event of leaving Brisbane on Tuesday morning and--after a long, full day of travel--arriving in California on the same day.

When I checked in as "at the L.A. airport" on Facebook, people chimed in, "Welcome home!"

And I wonder:  Are we home?

When you don't have a house, where is home?

We've been living a traveling life for just over a month now. In the past when I felt a tinge of home-sickness while on the road, I could think of my house, which would grant me a sense of comfort, of grounding.  Now I must think of my inner home for that same feeling.

So perhaps I'm learning in deeper and deeper ways that home is truly inside.  It's a vast home.  It's the north star of the heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aaaahh, to be home wherever you are--now that is true bliss. What a wonderful set of circumstances you've set up for yourself to practice the feeling of being grounded in the midst of movement.

You have no idea how much you are in service to all the rest of us by being the living example.

Thank you!

xo Lee